Accountant / Controller E&P
INPEX Norge AS (INPEX Norge) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of INPEX CORPORATION (INPEX), Japan’s largest oil and gas Exploration and Production (E&P) company. INPEX Norge was established in 2014, with an office in Oslo.
INPEX is currently involved in approximately 70 projects across more than 20 countries, including the Ichthys LNG Project in Australia as Operator. The company is currently producing some 450,000 BOED, with reserves of some 5.3 billion BOE.
In Norway, INPEX currently holds two licenses in the Barents Sea and is proactively pursuing full-scale oil and natural gas exploration and development activities. Furthermore, INPEX Norge is targeting to pursue an Operator status on NCS in the near future.
INPEX Norge is now looking for an experienced Accountant/Controller responsible for the handling of general accounting, controlling, and reporting tasks within the company.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a business success story developing INPEX’s E&P activities on the Norwegian Continental Shelf alongside a group of highly competent and seasoned professionals.
The position reports to our Finance & Administration Manager.
- General accounting, payment, and controlling tasks
- Monitor and follow up cash calls
- Joint venture accounting and follow-up
- Follow up on forecast and budgets
- Monitor and control insurance settlements and other agreements related to the licenses
- Support with various Financial statements and reporting
- Follow up and coordinate with external accountants and auditors
- Follow up on reporting and support towards Corporate HQ Finance and Accounting divisions
- Liaise with accounting, controlling, finance, and audit professionals in other operator and partner organizations
- Follow up on regulatory, reporting, statistics etc. toward SSB, VAT reporting, Tax authorities etc.
- Support in further developing routines and systems within Accounting and Finance processes
Depending on skills, other relevant tasks could be
- Support with economic analysis of investment opportunities
- Maintain and improve various economic models
- Interact with G & G, operation, and management team, in evaluating oil & gas assets
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 5 years experience as Accountant and/or Controller for E&P Companies
- Excellent knowledge of Norwegian financial and accounting laws and standards
- Excellent knowledge of petroleum tax regulations
- Advanced skills and experience with accounting and finance related software, and ERP systems
- Experience with developing financial models would be an asset
- Dedicated, accurate and strong with numbers
- Strong initiative and analytical abilities
- Good business understanding and commercial skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in both Norwegian and English, written and spoken
Some business travel can be expected. INPEX Norge will in the near future relocate to a new and modern office in the Lysaker area.
We look forward to review your application.
All questions or inquiries concerning the position should be directed to Mads Tefre Rydholt, Managing Partner Norway, Hudson Nordic at +47 900 94 942.